Kenmare's village is situated in about fifty km in the North of Bantry on Killarney's road.
Welcoming shops and colored streets are a consolation under a wet and fresh weather
(Cluainn moccu Nois)
Founded by Saint Ciaran in 548, this village became one of the first
convent schools of the island.
|Cashel's town is dominated by a rocky cape, The Rock
This cliff lives the baptism by Saint Patric, towards 450, on the first Christian king of Munster. Afterward it sheltered a fortress which was of use as place of residence of kings-bishops of the Munster. The cathedral of the XIII-th was partially destroyed to get back the beams of the roof.
The jewel of this place is small Cormac Mac Carthy's Roman chapel. Dedicated in 1134, it possesses very fine sculptures, in particular human heads.
The bow of the choir of Cormac Cormac Chapel